The Sims 3 for PlayStation 3 is a single player life simulation game that brings authentic gameplay elements, long enjoyed in PC versions of the game, to PlayStation 3 players. From character creation and customization tools, to persistent online access and the ability to share content with the larger The Sims community, The Sims 3 allows players to craft the lives of their Sims, like never before. Additional features include: a new Karma game element that can impact the lives of Sims for good or ill, and controls conveniently mapped to the standard game controller layout.
A True The Sims Experience for PlayStation 3
In The Sims 3 players create Sims with unique personalities, fulfill their desires, and control their lives within a living gameworld. To a large extent this has been the case in previous console based The Sims games, but things are taken several steps further in this release. The Sims 3 features Sim creation functionality that is essentially the same as players enjoy on the PC platform, with the only appreciable difference being that the interface is optimized for game controller use. Players also enjoy improved and easy movement throughout the game by way of the standard controller layout, using the analog stick to move your Sims and the D-Pad for motions in the up/down directions in 3D space. Additional features include the ability to connect to the Sims Store and the greater online Sims community to share your creations and download content from other players around the world, without leaving your game, and the inclusion of life cycles and lifetime wishes, that can lead to ultimate happiness for Sims, if fulfilled.
New Karma Powers
Another major addition to the series in this release is the inclusion of the concept of Karma. The Sims 3 allows players can unlock all-new Karma Powers and unleash them on your Sims. These can be used to help your Sims get lucky with the power of "rapid romance", bless them with "instant beauty" or at the opposite end of things, curse them with the "instant enemy." Use these powers wisely, because they may have unexpected results. Either way, as you guide your Sims through life The Sims 3 allows you to complete opportunities to unlock items and rewards like never before.
Key Game Features
- Create any Sim you can imagine - Fine-tune your Sims' appearances and create millions of different personalities. Make them evil, romantic, paranoid, kleptomaniacs, or a mix of something completely different.
- Build and Customize - Build the ultimate home for your Sims, improve your town with building upgrades, and more.
- Control your Sims' Destinies - Choose whether or not to fulfill your Sims' destinies by making their wishes come true, or letting their dreams die. Will your Sims be emperors of evil, world leaders, or expert thieves? It's up to you.
- Build and Share Online* - Connect to share your creations and download content from other players around the world, without ever leaving your game.
- Unlock All-New Karma Powers - Wield the ultimate control over your Sims giving them wealth, beauty, and love, or take it all away with the click of a button.
- Complete Challenges to Earn Rewards - Face short and long term challenges and reap rewards. Connect and share your achievements with your friends.
- Platform: Playstation 3
- Format: PAL (this is region free so it will work on NTSC and PAL systems)
- Player: 1 player
- HDD: 5.5 GB minimum
- Video: 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Network Functions