I'm Offline. Message Me!
*BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED RETAIL BOX*
Safer. Smarter. Faster. Experience the new Norton.
Norton AntiVirus 2010 defends your PC against viruses, spyware, bots, worms, and more without slowing you down or getting in your way.
Intelligence-driven technology identifies and targets only files at risk, for less frequent scans and the fastest scan speeds in the industry. ? Vulnerability Protection prevents threats from exploiting security holes in your PC's software. Pulse Updates every 5 to 15 minutes and real-time online security checks help ensure continuous, up-to-the-minute protection against the latest threats.
Plus, unlike other antivirus solutions, Norton AntiVirus provides easy-to-understand threat explanations and information about CPU and memory resource usage to help you prevent future infections and keep your PC running fast.
- Bot protection.
- Vulnerability Protection.
- Pulse Updates.
- SONARTM 2 Behavioral Protection.
- NortonTM Insight.
- Vulnerability Protection.
- Stops viruses, spyware, bots & more Proactive protection automatically removes threats and stops new attacks before they can do damage.
- Uses intelligence-driven technology for faster, fewer, shorter scans So you can spend more time using your PC and less time waiting for scans.
- Delivers clear performance and threat explanations Provides clear, useful information about the CPU and memory resources used by applications to help you keep your PC running at top speed.
What's New and Improved:
- IMPROVED! Norton Protection System features multi-layered technologies that work together to proactively block attacks and detect threats traditional virus scanning alone can't stop.
- IMPROVED! The fastest, lightest antivirus solution available provides up-to-the-minute protection that won't slow you down or swallow up system resources. ?
- NEW! Norton Download Insight analyzes downloads, files, and applications and lets you know if they can be trusted to be safe before you install and run them.
- IMPROVED! Vulnerability Protection guards security holes in your operating system, browsers and other applications to prevent threats from sneaking in.
- NEW! Norton Insight Network uses Symantec's global security intelligence network to provide real-time proactive protection from the newest threats.
- IMPROVED! Expanded and enhanced cookie detection locates and gets rid of even the hardest to find Internet Explorer cookies. Plus, Norton is the only solution that detects and removes Firefox cookies.
- IMPROVED! Norton Insight uses extensive online intelligence systems to protect your PC without slowing it down. It identifies files that can be trusted, and then scans only files at risk for fewer, shorter scans and the fastest scanning times in the industry. ? Plus, it provides clear, useful information about downloads, threats, and files to help you stay safe today and into the future.
- NEW! Real-Time SONAR 2 (Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response) uses our exclusive, completely re-engineered SONAR technology to detect suspicious behavior on your PC and proactively stop threats that competing antivirus solutions can't catch.
- NEW! Norton System Insight provides tools and easy-to-understand system information to help keep your PC performing at top speed.
- NEW! Automatically delays program updates and similar activities if you are watching TV or burning CDs/DVDs.
- NEW! Power Saver Settings help you extend battery life by allowing you to put off power-intensive activities until your PC is plugged-in. So you can protect laptops and notebooks without reducing computing time.
1 Source: PassMark Software, 'Antivirus, Internet Security and Total Security Products Performance Benchmarking (2010)." September 2009. http://www.passmark.com/AVReport.
2 Source: AV-Test.Org, March 2, 2009.
- Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later Home/Professional/Media Center.
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate.
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate.
- Must meet the minimum Windows operating system requirements.
- 300 MHz or faster processor.
- 256 MB of RAM (*512 MB RAM required for Recovery Tool).
- 200 MB of available hard disk space (Optional Norton Add-On Pack requires an additional 120 MB of available hard disk space.).
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher (32-bit only).**
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and later.**
**As made available by Symantec within your service period.
Email Scanning Support:
- POP3 and SMTP Compatible Email Clients.