Medieval: Total War Gold Edition is the compilation of the critically-acclaimed Medieval: Total War and its official expansion pack - Total War Kingdoms. Set in the turbulent Middle Ages, Medieval puts you in command of your own empire as you crush neighboring kingdoms and unify all of Europe, the Mediterranean, and the Middle East. Medieval: Total War Kingdoms features four entire campaigns centered on expanded maps of the British Isles, Teutonic Northern Europe, the Middle East, and the Americas. In Medieval II, you were only given a glimpse of South America, but in Kingdoms, vast tracts of land in both North and South America have been opened up for you to conquer. All-new factions from the New World are also now fully playable, including the Aztecs, Apaches, and Mayans. In both games, you rule all aspects of your kingdom throughout centuries of medieval warfare. Lay siege to mighty fortresses and command vast armies across the battlefields of Europe and North Africa. This is Total War.
Medieval II Total War:
Medieval II is the latest and greatest game to be released in the best selling and award-winning Total War series. Set in the years 1080-1530 the most turbulent period in European history, the game combines a vast, deep-thinking turn-based strategy campaign with the most cinematic, epic and brutal real-time battles ever seen in the genre.
Bigger battles with fine-tuned details.
Command massive numbers of meticulously detailed troops - all of which feature heraldic finery and the distinctive colours of medieval warfare.
New epic campaign.
Explore three continents and sail across to the Americas to confront the Aztecs on their home soil.
Experience a faster multiplayer mode on the battlefield and keep the online conflict raging.
Build through six levels of settlement ranging from humble villages and vast cities to wooden forts and stone fortresses.
History in the making.
Obey the demands of the Papal States or take a stand against the Pope? The stakes are high and strategy is as critical as the sword.
A vastly enhanced version of the Total War engine vividly portrays the pure bloodlust of Medieval warfare with massive battles of more than 10,000 troops splayed across new graphically rich environments. For the first time in the Total War series each troop is an individual, garbed with the rich heraldic colors and glinting arms and armor of the period.
On the battlefield they'll survey their surroundings for threats and incoming opponents and react accordingly. When engaged they'll string together a series of devastating moves as Medieval II's new combat animation brings the conflict to life like never before. Total War has never been so ferocious or realistic.
The Medieval II grand campaign will hand you the reins of one of an emerging faction as you set about sweeping throughout Europe, conquering all before you. Expand your borders and develop your lands for wealth and prosperity by building cities or swell your army by constructing vast castles to protect your land and keep your rivals quaking with fear.
Medieval II's campaign game is the richest and most compelling yet and together with the new stunning real-time battles, combines to create the greatest Total War experience ever.
Medieval II Total War Kingdoms Expansion: Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms will feature 4 brand new campaigns, including an opportunity to more fully explore The New World that was unlocked toward the end of Medieval II.
In the Americas campaign, players will be able to retrace the steps of Hern n Cortés in 1519, as he seeks to explore and conquer The New World.
Players can earn the support of Spain and explore the mystery and riches of the New World, or take control of the Aztec or Native American factions and call on the Gods and the bravery of vast armies to see off this new threat.
Three other campaigns will offer more detailed "magnifying glass' campaigns within Great Britain, Northern Europe and the Holy Land, with many more regions than were originally shown in Medieval II.
13 new playable factions and over 150 new units, Kingdoms will allow players to control thousands of men on a single battlefield and lead them into conflict with new hero characters such as Richard The Lionheart and Saladin, each armed with new, powerful battlefield abilities.
In addition, players will use moated forts to garrison vast armies or seize control of key strategic points and explore new technology trees, governed by religion and prestige.
Players can experience a bloody clash between pagans and Christians in the Northern European Teutonic Wars, or take control of one of 5 factions in the Britannia campaign when England faces war on 4 fronts as once conquered lands rise up against them.
Kingdoms will also include a new expanded Crusades campaign, where players renew their fight for control of the Holy Lands, with new factions, devastating new units such as the terrifying Greek Flame Thrower, legendary heroes and powerful holy relics.
- More than 75 hours of epic new gameplay.
- Four huge new campaigns: Britannia, The Crusades, The Teutonic Wars and The Americas.
- 13 new playable factions, including Aztec and Native American factions.
- Over 150 new units, including the devastating Greek Flamethrower.
- Follow in the steps of Hern n Cortés and explore a vastly expanded New World map.
- Open up a wide array of new regions in the Americas, plus four brand new factions and a cast of new agent characters.
- Experience unprecedented detail, including 30 regions of Britain and a region map of Teutonic Europe.
- Control multiple armies in battle - command reinforcement armies.
- New hero characters feature powerful battlefield abilities. Encounter a huge roster of new historical characters and events.
- Build permanent forts to garrison troops or seize control of key strategic points.
- New technology trees influenced by religion and prestige.
- Take on all-new mission types.
- Six new multiplayer scenarios and 20 new custom battle maps.
- Two players can now share a campaign with the new Hotseat multiplayer mode.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000/XP
- Processor: Celeron 1.5GHz Pentium 4 (1500MHz) or equivalent AMD processor.
- Memory: 512MB RAM
- Optical Drive: 8x Speed DVD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest drivers
- Disk Space: 11GB of uncompressed free hard disk space
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
- Input Devices: 100% Windows 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
- DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
- Graphics Card: 128MB Hardware Accelerated video card with Shader 1 support and the latest drivers. Must be 100%DirectX 9.0c compatible.
- Display Resolution: 1024 x 768
- Multiplayer: Internet (TCP / IP) play supported; Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers; LAN play requires Network card.