Call of Duty 2 redefines the cinematic intensity and chaos of battle as seen through the eyes of ordinary soldiers fighting together in epic WWII conflicts. The sequel to 2003's Call of Duty, winner of over 80 Game of the Year awards, Call of Duty 2 offers more immense, more intense, more realistic battles than ever before, thanks to the stunning visuals of the new COD2 engine.
Infinity Ward returns with more cinematic intensity and chaos than ever before, in World War II's most climactic battles. Join your squad and choose your Single Player missions, or go online for intense Multiplayer action. Command British Crusader tanks as you and your fellow commanders relentlessly push back General Rommel, "the Desert Fox," across the sands of North Africa. Follow the U.S. Army Rangers to Normandy, as you use amphibious troop carriers and rocket-propelled grappling hooks to storm and scale the cliffs at Pointe du Hoc. As a Russian tank hunter, battle through bombed-out urban chaos, eradicating the German threat with satchel charges and stolen Panserschreck rockets.
Play through 27 epic Single Player missions in Call of Duty 2 Game of the Year spanning three campaigns and battle using vehicles, including authentic WWII tanks. Includes more immense, more intense, more realistic battles than ever before!
- Call of Duty 2 Game of the Year includes 2 New Multiplayer Maps
- Command British Crusader tanks as you and your fellow commanders relentlessly push back General Rommel, "the Desert Fox," across the sands of North America.
- Follow the U.S. Army Rangers to Normandy, as you use amphibious troop carriers and rocket-propelled grappling hooks to storm and scale the cliffs at Pointe du Hoc.
- As a Russian tank hunter, battle through bombed-out urban chaos, eradicating the German threat with satchel charges and stolen Panzerschreck rockets.
- The #1 WWII shooter development team returns with an amazing new experience: Developed by Infinity Ward, creators of the award-winning Call of Duty. All-new, unprecedented enhancements from stunningly realistic graphics to seamless gameplay, thanks to the revolutionary COD2 engine, groundbreaking AI, and choice-based gameplay innovations. Beautifully rendered snow, rain, fog, and smoke, combined with dynamic lighting and shadows, make this the most intense WWII shooter yet.
- Conflicts and enemies to face: Call of Duty 2 brings you bigger battles, with more tanks, troops, and explosions on-screen, and bigger scope, with a wide range of locales and environments across the European Theater. Fight "The Desert Fox" across the scorching sands of North Africa as wave upon wave of tanks clash in the desert. Use rocket-propelled grappling hooks alongside your Army Ranger squad to storm and scale the cliffs of Pointe du Hoc against a relentless German counter assault, and slog through urban chaos as a tank hunter in war-torn Russia.
- Rely on your squad as never before: The dozens of Allied soldiers surrounding you are fully aware of the changing situations around them, and will let you know using an all-new, context-sensitive battle chatter system. They will draw enemy fire, lay down cover for you, use foxholes and moving tanks for cover, and warn you of incoming enemy troops and hostile fire.
- Choice-based gameplay: Play through missions in the order you see fit. Will you decide to play first as a sniper or as a tank commander? It's your call. Open-ended battlefields allow you to individualize your tactics and choose the order in which you complete your objectives.
- Multiplayer Mayhem: Go online for intense Axis vs. Allies team-based multiplayer action, building on the hugely popular Call of Duty multiplayer modes.
- English version of Windows 2000 and XP only
- 3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 64 MB Hardware Accelerator video card and the latest drivers.
- Pentium 4 1.4 GHz Prozessor (Celeron / Duron) (2.5 GHz Prozessor (Athlon XP / Pentium 4) recommended
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB RAM recommended)
- ATi Radeon 9200 / GeForce 4 (ATi Radeon 9800XT / GeForce FX 5900 recommended)
- 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
- 100% Windows 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
- 700 MB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 800MB for Windows 2000/XP swap file)
- 8X Speed DVD-ROM Drive