This special edition single DVD-ROM package includes both Age of Empires plus the Age of Empires Rise of Rome Expansion pack AND Age of Empires II with Ages of Empires II The Conquerors Expansion Pack.
Age of Empires - Gold Edition How will you rule the world? Conquer enemy civilizations? Discover the world's secrets? Accumulate wealth? As the guiding spirit of a Stone Age tribe, follow one of these paths to build the greatest civilization on earth.
Experience all the conflict, intrigue, greed, and power as you create the most feared and celebrated civilization in history, The Roman Empire. Created by the developers of the award-winning real-time strategy game, Age of Empires, The Rise of Rome lets you play an active role in directing the ascension of the infamous Roman Empire.
- From the Stone Age to the Age of Iron, you have over 10,000 years of real-time evolution to build your tribe into a flourishing empire.
- A fully integrated scenario editor lets you create your own historically based conflicts.
- Choose from sixteen civilizations (including four new civilizations), with unique technology trees and distinct strengths and weaknesses.
Age of Empires II - Gold Edition Age of Empires II Gold Edition brings Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings and Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion Pack together into one compelling package, including bonus content: a random map compilation plus 3 recorded games to learn from the masters!
In Age of Empires II The Age of Kings - sequel to the award-winning Age of Empires - you have 1000 years to lead your people through the Middle Ages to greatness. Control one of the most powerful civilizations of the time. Decide whether to conquer the world through military might, rule through commerce and diplomacy, or seize power by means of intrigue and regicide. There are many paths to power but only one civilization will reign supreme.
Choose the path to greatness - Will it be an economic path created out of craftsmanship, trade, and technology? Or a military route of siege and naval warfare?
Command one of 13 civilizations - Including the Franks, Japanese, Byzantines, Vikings, Mongols, and Celts. Each has unique attributes, units, buildings, and technologies based on its historical counterpart.
Battle alongside heroes of the day - Who will fight for victory under your flag? With historically-based campaigns it could be Joan of Arc, William Wallace, Genghis Khan, Saladin, or Barbarossa.
Conquer a worthy opponent over the MSN GamingZone, LAN or modem. Or a nearly human artificial intelligence opponent in single player mode.
New and bigger lands - With the random map generator you will always have new lands to explore and conquer, no matter how many times you play.
Create your own scenarios - The Map Editor allows you to build your own massive campaigns.
Lead swiftly and with ease - Production queues, gathering points and customizable hotkeys make it fast and simple to manage your forces and plan battles.
New Heroes to Discover. New Worlds to Conquer. Created by the developers of the Award-Winning best selling strategy game, Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings.
Expand your empire and rule the world. Experience the adventure of the Spanish Conquistadors as they enter the exotic lands of the Aztecs, or relive the destructive force of Attila's hoards of pillaging Huns.
- 11 New Units: Including the Huns' Tarkan, the Korean War Wagon and Turtle Ship, plus the Aztecs' Plumed Archer
- 26 New Technologies: One for each civilization, including Chinese Rocketry and British Yeoman
- New Game Types: Experience new challenges with `Wonder Race', `Defend the Wonder' and `King of the Hill'
- Real World Maps: Based on geographical locations such as Britain, France, and Italy
- Command Allied Computer Players: Use chat commands to order allies to attack, tribute resources, and build an economy or military
- Smart Villagers: Villagers work smarter, build walls more intelligently, and gather resources automatically after constructing a drop-off building.
- Farms Automatically Replant: Queue farms so they replant after being harvested
- Battering Rams: Units can garrison inside Battering Rams for protection, or to increase the Ram's speed when attacking foes.
- Microsoft Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP
- Pentium 166 or higher processor
- 64 MB of RAM
- 680 MB of available hard-disk
- Quad-speed or faster DVD-ROM drive
- Super VGA monitor supporting 800 x 600 resolution
- 16 MB Graphics card, DirectX 8.1 or higher
- Windows compatible sound card, DirectX 8.1 or higher
- 28.8 modem or higher (recommended) for Internet play